What is Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty) Surgery
Otoplasty also referred to as cosmetic ear surgery, is a cosmetic procedure used to alter the shape, position, and overall proportion of ears. It is also used to correct ear-related defects on a structural basis. The primary goal of Otoplasty or Ear Reshaping in Dubai is to enhance the appearance of ears aesthetically by achieving ear symmetry. Living with large ears can be extremely tough. The size and shape of the ears can be a problem, especially for children. Many experiences and suffer from insensitive and unkind remarks and face humiliation daily.
With the latest technology in cosmetic surgery, this problem can be addressed by ear reshaping surgery. Ear reshaping can dramatically change a person’s appearance by making the ears look more normal. The protruding appearance of the ears is caused by a defect in the development of the external ear. This can be associated with other ear malformations that can be addressed simultaneously. The procedure of Otoplasty can reduce the ear size, mould them into a new shape and make them look more symmetrical and placed closer to the head.
You may feel that your ears are too large or stick out, making your face appear disproportional. Ear reshaping, also known as Otoplasty, may “pin back,” reshape or reduce the size of your ears to make them more symmetrical and proportional to your face.
Benefits of Ear Correction Surgery in Dubai
After your bandages are removed, you will observe an immediate change in the appearance of your ears. These changes are permanent. There are many psychological as well as aesthetic benefits of this treatment. Some of the most common benefits include:
- It dramatically improves your aesthetic appearance by improving your ears’ shape, size, and position.
- It is a safe procedure, and minimal side effects are associated with it.
- The procedure is suitable for correcting a wide variety of minor imperfections.
- It is suitable for children as well.
- It requires minimum downtime and causes minimal scarring.
- It significantly improves the quality of your life by boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- It gives natural-looking results.
Possible Causes of Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty):
Prominent or misshapen ears, present at birth or after an injury, can sometimes cause social anxiety regardless of age. This condition is especially difficult for teenagers as they can be a subject of teasing and ridicule from their peers. Some of the characteristics of misshapen ears include.
- Drooping or protruding ears
- Large ear lobes
- Ears with a missing cartilage
- Small, constricted ears
Are you an Ideal Candidate for Ear Correction Surgery (Otoplasty) in Dubai?
You may be the best candidate for ear surgery in Dubai if:
- You are not contented with the current appearance of your ears
- You have prominent ears
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically
- You have realistic expectations of the results
- Your ears are not appropriate
- Your ears seem disproportionate to the rest of the facial features.
- Your ears have been misshapen due to some accident or an injury.
What is the best age for Otoplasty?
A suitable time to have an Otoplasty is when a child is 5-6 years old and 90% of their ears’ growth is complete. This is the earliest recommended age.
Is there any Preparation for ear surgery in Dubai?
Here are some of the essential steps that you must take before the procedure:
- Discuss all medication and vitamins you regularly use with your consultant to see if you should stop taking them before surgery and, if so, for how long. For example, any medications and vitamins that interfere with your body’s blood clotting ability, such as Vitamin E, must be entirely stopped before surgery.
- Smokers should quit at least two months before surgery; smoking interferes with the efficiency of blood flow to the skin, which may impact achieving optimal results and increase the risk of complications.
- You should be in the best possible health and at a stable weight; ensuring that you follow a healthy, balanced diet before surgery will help you to be in optimal physical condition to help promote the best outcome.
Ear Reshaping Treatment Procedure
The latest Otoplasty procedure is performed on an outpatient basis where the surgery is performed under local anesthesia and sedation or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s needs and anesthetist’s recommendation. An incision is made just behind the ear and the underlying cartilage is trimmed and reshaped to give the ear a better shape.
and takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete. Highly customized surgery may also take 2 to 3 hours. Following is the step-by-step description of the surgery.
- Anesthesia is administered and either general or local anesthesia may be used.
- Then the surgeon will make an incision at various sites depending on the alterations required. For example.Hidden in the folds of the ear. Behind the ears – for protruding ears
- Then the required alterations are made which include reducing the size of the ears by cutting a part of cartilage or increasing the size by adding cartilage graft or re-positioning of ears.
- Finally, incisions are closed using sutures.
- It is a very safe procedure and there is no effect on hearing. The surgery can be performed even on children from the age of seven onwards.
Does Otoplasty require anesthesia?
Otoplasty can be performed under local or general anaesthesia with or without sedation.
How safe is ear surgery?
This is a very common and safe procedure, although there are risks with any surgery, including infection, bleeding, and problems with anaesthesia. Rarely the hole in the eardrum does not close after the tube comes out and might need to be fixed surgically.
Is ear reshaping procedure painful?
The procedure is not painful unless there are some complications. If unusual pain is noted, the patient must inform the doctor.
What is the recovery time for ear surgery in Dubai?
Practically, there is no recovery time needed. However, because of the bulky dressing, patients may not attend school, or grown-up people may not be able to meet other people. There is could be swelling and bruising, which may last from a few days to a week.
- Almost immediate results.
- A surge in confidence while interacting with people without feeling self-conscious about your ears.
- Corrected protruding, large or very small, folded and cupped ears.
- A sense of normalcy.
- Well-hidden scars behind the ears.
Are the results of Otoplasty permanent?
Once ear surgery is performed, the results are permanent unless some injury happens.
Though our expert team of plastic surgeons will give you a thorough list of post-surgical instructions, below are some standard instructions that nearly every patient needs to follow.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- For the first week of recovery, rest frequently, but start the light walk as soon as possible to keep blood flowing.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercise for a few weeks.
- Keep your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Don’t rest your head on the treated ear.
Ear Reshaping Surgery Treatments at Bizrahmed, Dubai
The results of ear surgery done by Bizrahmed plastic surgeons become visible immediately after the surgery in the form of natural-looking and proportional ears with an improved balance of ears and face. The individuals who opt for Otoplasty surgery in Dubai at Bizrahmed not only experience the change in the appearance of the ears but also enjoy various aesthetic and psychological benefits, including.
- Your ear’s overall aesthetic appearance is improved along with its shape, size, and position.
- Many sorts of minor imperfections can be corrected with this procedure
- It is also suitable for children
- It is a completely safe procedure, and minimum side effects are associated with it.
- It causes minimal scarring.
- It boosts your self-esteem and improves your self-image
- It yields natural-looking results
Bizrahmed Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty) Surgeons:
- It is very important to choose a suitable plastic or cosmetic surgeon. You have only one body, and putting it in the hands of anyone less competent can result in grave consequences.
- The ideal surgeon is someone who can understand what you want to achieve with the cosmetic surgery procedure and can offer the best possible solution.
Cost of Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty) in Dubai
The cost includes surgeon fees, hospital charges, and anaesthesia fees. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with the expert team of surgeons with us at Bizrahmed, to know the exact cost. You should get an initial consultation before getting ear surgery in Dubai. Our experts at Bizrahmed are always available to serve you with the best treatment. So, what are you waiting for? Fill out the form and book your appointment with our surgeons.
The cost includes surgeon fees, hospital charges, and anaesthesia fees. Therefore, it is recommended to consult our expert surgeon at Bizrahmed to know the exact cost.