What is Eyelid (Blepharoplasty) Surgery?
The excess skin and fat on the upper & lower eyelid can create droopy (saggy or baggy) eyelids and puffiness, caused by the loss of elasticity as skin ages which generally gives the face an aged appearance. An Eyelid Surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is an effective way to remove the bags under the eyes, tighten the eyelid and make the area look sharp and youthful.
Younger people may also consider this procedure if their eyelids droop in such a way as to affect their peripheral vision. In either case, blepharoplasty can treat loose and sagging skin near the eyes that can disturb the natural contouring of the upper eyelid and impair vision. It also removes the fatty deposits that appear as puffiness and bags under the eyes. At Bizrahmed in Dubai, Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery is performed by a team of experienced surgeons using the latest advanced technologies.
The medical facility is run by Dr Bashar Bizrah, the world’s leading cosmetic and plastic surgeon. Along with his team, he comes up with a plan, keeping the ethnic backgrounds of the patients he works with.
Benefits of eyelid surgery
You can expect the following benefits and results from the Blepharoplasty Treatment.
- The vision obscured by sagging eyelids will be restored.
- The eyes will become more refreshed and rejuvenated.
- The person will look more vibrant even without makeup.
- The self-esteem, quality of your life, and confidence will be improved.
Ideal candidates for Eyelid (Blepharoplasty) Surgery in Dubai
You may be an excellent candidate for eyelid surgery in Dubai if:
- You have excess skin and fine lines on your upper eyelids.
- You have excess fat deposits on your upper eyelids.
- You have bags under your eyes.
- You have drooping lower eyelids.
- You have excess skin and fine lines below your eyes.
- You are a healthy individual with no life-threatening ailment.
- You are not suffering from any serious eye condition.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You have realistic expectations with the surgery.
What is a good age for blepharoplasty?
Some patients are as young as 25, while others are 65. The Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that more than 90 per cent of patients seeking an eyelid lift are over 40, and most of this segment is over 55. But patients with naturally hooded eyelids seek treatment in their 20s and 30s.
How To Prepare For The Eyelid Surgery Treatment?
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeons will review your medical history, discuss available options, and enlighten you on the process. We will also provide a thorough list of pre-surgical instructions. Some steps that you will have to take before eyelid surgery in Dubai are:
- Get the required lab tests done.
- Stop smoking for about six weeks or, as the surgeon recommends, as it can affect the healing process.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly and make adjustments to current medications.
- Discontinue the use of herbal supplements, aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
- Stop the use of aspirin and blood-thinners medicines.
- The person will have to take the prescribed medicines.
- The person will have to get the prescribed lab tests done.
- Follow the recommended diet regimen and eat healthy food.
Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
Eyelid Surgery is performed under local anaesthesia. A rather delicate surgery, our surgeons will make the incision lines so that the resultant scars are well concealed within the natural folds and structures of the eyelid region. For the upper eyelid, an incision is made within the natural crease on the eyelid as it allows for repositioning or removal of fat deposits, excess skin and the tightening of muscles.
Once the incisions are made, the surgeons will separate the muscles and tissues from the skin, trim the sagging skin, and close the incisions with fine sutures. It takes around 4 to 5 days for the incisions to heal, after which the sutures are removed.
The scars are covered with an antibiotic ointment and protected with a thin bandage. Once the effect of anaesthesia wears off, it’s normal for the eyelids to feel sore and tight. In some cases, swelling and bruising are observed and can last between one to two weeks.
If you plan on having Eyelid Surgery in Dubai, then at Bizrahmed, Dr Bizrah and his expert team will use state-of-the-art techniques that allow quick and natural healing.
Eyelid Surgery Techniques at Bizrahmed, Dubai
Eyelid surgery at Bizrahmed in Dubai is performed using various latest advanced techniques, which include:
Upper eyelid surgery
is performed on upper eyelids to remove sagging skin, excess fat and lines.
Lower eyelid surgery
is performed on lower eyelids to remove puffiness, fine lines and under-eye bags.
Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery
When surgery is performed on both eyelids simultaneously, it is called combined upper and lower blepharoplasty.
Can you have upper and lower eyelid surgery at the same time?
Both Upper and Lower Eyelids Can Be Done at the Same Time. Upper and Lower Eyelids are regularly performed together to allow for simultaneous recovery. Consult with 3 – 4 surgeons in your area to determine if you are a candidate and find the best option.
It is comfortable and easy for most patients to recover from eyelid surgery. Your recovery period may be like this:
- Just after the surgery, you will experience tightness or pulling sensation.
- You will have to use pain medications for about 2 to 5 days after surgery.
- Dryness and irritation in the eyes will subside 1 to 2 weeks after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising will begin to resolve at the end of the first week, but resolution may take 2 to 3 weeks.
- You will be able to resume wearing makeup in 7 to 10 days and wearing contact lenses within 2 to 3 weeks.
- You will be able to return to your work after 1 to 2 weeks.
- Complete recovery may require a few months.
The results of eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty in Dubai tend to become visible 2-4 weeks after the surgery once the swelling goes down. For some people, the results of Blepharoplasty surgery may last a lifetime. For others, droopy eyelids may recur. Bruising and swelling generally subside in 10 to 14 days, which may be when you feel comfortable going out in public again. Scars from the surgical cuts may take months to fade.
Are the results of blepharoplasty permanent?
The results of Blepharoplasty surgery are long-lasting. To ensure that the results look good for as long as possible, you should lead a healthy lifestyle, enjoy a healthy diet, avoid smoking, follow a good skincare routine, and avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
How long does the blepharoplasty result last?
Upper eyelid surgery is suitable for at least 5-7 years. Lower eyelid surgery rarely needs to be repeated. Of course, your eyes will still age after the procedure. If your lids sag again, a forehead lift rather than another eye lift may be the preferred procedure.
Our expert surgeons will provide a thorough list of post-surgical instructions, but here are some common ones:
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Keep your eyes clean.
- Keep your head elevated while resting or sleeping.
- Use eye drops to lubricate your eyes.
- Avoid makeup for the recommended period.
- Avoid watching television.
- Avoid the use of contact lenses for about 72 hours.
- Take prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoid physical exertion.
Why Choose Dr Bizrah For Blepharoplasty?
- +45,000 Facial plastic surgery Procedures on Multi-Ethnic background Patients
- +7,000 procedure of Facelift & Blepharoplasty on European & Non-European patients
- Experience of 29 years of handling patients from versatile backgrounds.
- Author of UK-recognized American and European Academies of Facial Plastic Surgeons textbook for Rhinoplasty & Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Most advanced techniques for the lower eyelid without incision (Transconjunctival).
- Removal of fat & skin above eyelids.
- Local anaesthesia with sedation.
- Same-day surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Cost In Dubai
Choosing a suitable plastic or cosmetic surgeon for the procedure is very important. The Eyelid Surgery cost varies and depends on the facilities and other related expenses.
As with almost any aesthetic procedure, the cost will depend on the following factors:
- Surgeon’s Expertise: The surgeon’s fee is based on their experience. A reputable, established surgeon with a successful track record will charge higher fees.
- Clinic/ Hospital: Fees also depend upon the quality of the facility chosen for the operation.
- Geographic Area: Depending on the city or area, you decide to have the surgery.
For an accurate cost assessment, you must book an initial consultation with our surgeons at Bizrahmed, Dubai.