What is Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
Scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) is one of the most innovative and effective non-surgical treatments for hair loss or baldness, providing an additional styling choice for those who do not want to undergo or are not candidates for hair transplant surgery.
Often known as “Medical Hairline Tattoo,” Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a cosmetic treatment performed in Dubai that involves no donor hair, medications, concealers, or topical lotions. And the best thing is that there is no downtime and healing duration.
Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)
The most crucial advantage of Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or hair tattoo is that the effects are permanent and flexible. You get the same shape and density of the hairline you like, but you can still refresh the procedure later. If the conditions, desires, or degree of hair loss change, you can also change the shape and density of the pigment. Also, if you don’t like the replicated hairline, you should still get rid of the pigment forever.
- Recreate the look of a thicker and fuller head of hair.
- Replicate a normal, youthful hairline.
- Disguise hair thinning and bald spots arising from some sort of Alopecia.
- Conceal the wounds of the scalp from burns and even hair transplantation surgery.
- Work in conjunction with surgical hair regeneration to provide additional hair density.\
Who is the Candidate for Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) or hair tattoo in Dubai is a non-surgical, simple, cost-effective, and short-term procedure. People with the following problems are widely accepted:
- You’ve got birthmarks and burns.
- You’re suffering from Male Pattern Baldness or Androgenetic Alopecia.
- You want to change the look of the scalp.
- You cannot or do not wish to take a hair transplant
- You are a shaved-head person who wants to develop a particular hairline.
- Male Pattern Baldness or Androgenetic Alopecia
- Minimizing the hairline
- Thinning of hair
- Complete or partial hair loss
- Camouflage of scar/birthmark
- Hair transplant scarring
Man or woman – who is a better candidate for this Scalp Micropigmentation therapy?
Scalp micropigmentation is effective in treating hair loss for both men and women. Like men, women can suffer from balding as they lose hair due to events such as childbirth, surgery, stress, and more.
PreOperative Care of Scalp Micropigmentation
Following are the pre-operative Care guidelines for Scalp Micro-pigmentation SMP or Hair Tattoo in Dubai:
- Wash your hair with a soft, non-abrasive shampoo on the day of the operation. Do not put gels, hair sprays, powders, or fibres on your scalp on the day of treatment.
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some sort of skin moisturizer to keep the skin moisturized. This will cause the ink to be fully absorbed.
- Refrain from sun tanning to prevent skin burning and peeling.
- Preparation for the scalp – Please do not use a scalp razor on the day of treatment. Shave or cut your hair 48 hours before the planned treatment. We must see all the native hair to combine the hair follicles properly. Any redness, breakout, or scalp inflammation will require your appointment to be cancelled and rescheduled.
Do you have to shave your head for scalp micropigmentation?
Not necessarily that. Shaving is not mandatory if you need to add density to thinning hair or cover bald areas. However, for Scalp Micropigmentation treatment in Dubai, a wholly shaved head is very common.
How is the procedure performed?
Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or Hair tattoo treatment in Dubai requires the administration of highly advanced pigments to the scalp’s surface. A doctor uses various needles to create the illusion of a whole head of shaved hair. This highly advanced method of cosmetic pigmentation injects pigments into the skin of the scalp. Pigments are sprayed at different penetration depths and angles to mimic the hair’s standard, more youthful head.
A variety of colours are used to create a precise combination of shades that complement the actual hair on the patient’s head. The patient’s skin colour is closely studied before choosing a well-blended pigment. Scalp Micro-pigmentation in Dubai helps to create a simulation of natural hair follicles and micro hair.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or Hair tattoo in Dubai has typically performed over 2-3 sessions. However, it can differ from person to person, depending on the following aspects:
- Width of baldness
- the extent of the field to be covered
- The optimal density of hair
There are some of the considerations that could affect the outcomes of Scalp micro pigmentation in Dubai. However, there may also be other special considerations regarding particular patients.
Does scalp micropigmentation treatment hurt?
While most patients experience mild discomfort during the procedure – especially in its earlier stages – the discomfort becomes more tolerable as the session progresses. The pain or irritation involved with scalp micropigmentation performed in Dubai is identical to any other cosmetic treatment. Usually, the discomfort is mild, and most patients don’t even feel it. In most cases, it burns worse than having a tattoo.
PostOperative Care of Scalp Micropigmentation
No special preparation is required for Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or Hair Tattoo treatment in Dubai. Patients are asked to come to the clinic with a freshly cleaned scalp. Also, stop taking any valuables to the clinic.
Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP), or Hair tattoo in Dubai, is a simple process that does not require a lot of aftercare. However, patients should follow a few easy tips after the operation to heal quickly.
Some general post-op instructions for Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or Hair Tattoo in Dubai are given below:
- No Scalp Rubbing: Do not rub or massage your head directly after treatment. You should stop needlessly touching the scalp for at least a week after the operation.
- No head washing: Do not wash your head for a few days or as recommended by your provider. The dye used in the SMP procedure for hair loss is lifelong and does not wash in the shower. However, it takes some time to stabilize in the field where it was injected.
- No Sunshine Exposure: Solar exposure is strictly forbidden 3-4 weeks after treatment. UV rays of sunlight are toxic to the pigment and the eyes. Do not expose the pigmented region to direct sunlight for at least 3-4 weeks. After that, as always, you should enjoy the sun.
Recovery & Downtime
There is no downtime or recovery period following a scalp micropigmentation treatment, although slight redness on the skin from each therapy may last between 24-48 hours. Many patients return to work the next day, and the primary timetable between treatments is seven days.
How does scalp micropigmentation result?
Once the pigment is applied to the scalp using micro-needles, it can give the appearance of tiny hair, like stubble on the head. With the aid of Scalp micropigmentation or SMP in Dubai, the head gives the appearance that you have a short buzz cut.
Is scalp micropigmentation Permanent? and how long does it last?
Scalp micropigmentation or SMP or Hair Tattoo in Dubai is a semi-permanent solution for hair loss. Generally, the effects of scalp micropigmentation last around 2-3 years. After that, the colour continues to fade and gradually fades. A follow-up session would also be needed.
Does scalp micropigmentation look real?
Yeah, Scalp micropigmentation or SMP performed in Dubai may look very genuine. However, it just looks real if it’s done correctly. So, pick an experienced and trustworthy doctor to administer the operation.
Scalp Micropigmentation cost in Dubai
The cost of Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP) or Hair Tattoo in Dubai depends on patient-to-patient factors, such as other cosmetic procedures. However, it depends primarily on the scalp region that has to be covered by pigment. Also, each clinic has different rates for Scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) or Hair Tattoo treatment in Dubai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Monthly Installment Plan
We are pleased to provide our patients with affordable and flexible finance options. Now you can do the treatment with our easy installment plans that we offer.