An eyebrow hair transplant in Dubai is like other balding or thinning hair transplants such as male moustaches, beards, and sideburn transplants. However, eyebrows require extra effort because of the intricate detail that must be put into every eyebrow follicle to get the thick brow result. The main eyebrow hair transplantation surgery in Dubai is called an FUE, or Follicular Unit Transplant. In this procedure, eyebrow hairs are carefully placed into the brow area one by one. The hairs are carefully arranged to make the brows appear natural and sleek.
Transplantation to the eyebrows, also known as eyebrow restoration, is a procedure designed to restore growing hair to eyebrows that are overly thin, scarred, or completely missing. The absence of hair can be due to genetics, prior electrolysis or laser hair removal, overplucking, thyroid or other hormonal abnormalities, or trauma due to surgery, burns or other types of accidents. Some patients seek to restore full, thick eyebrows, while others seek subtle thickening.
Treatment Options For Eyebrow Hair Transplant At Bizrahmed, Dubai
There are three different types of eyebrow techniques available at Bizrahmed, Dubai:
- Full Restoration –This will take over 200 plus grafts to complete. A full restoration eyebrow transplant in Dubai is for anyone who may have patchy eyebrows due to burns, disease, or genetics and for those who were born without eyebrows.
- Enhancement –This will take anywhere from 101-199 grafts to complete. An enhancement eyebrow transplant in Dubai is for anyone who may be unhappy with how thick their eyebrows are and want to have a thicker line. This is also a procedure commonly used by women who have over-plucked their brows.
- Touch Up –This eyebrow transplant technique in Dubai only requires a total of 50 to 100 grafts to complete. A touch-up eyebrow transplant in Dubai is for a simple modification to the brow to acquire the perfect eyebrow shape.
Preparing For Eyebrow Hair Transplant In Dubai
Like any other surgery, an eyebrow hair transplant in Dubai requires you to prepare before the procedure to make sure you have the desired outcome you are hoping for. Some common instructions you should follow before your surgery include:
- Reduce your alcohol consumption completely during the last three days before your surgery.
- Avoid smoking at least three weeks before your eyebrow hair transplant procedure.
- Avoid taking any type of blood-thinning medications.
- Avoid any herbal supplements.
- Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks and coffee one week before your surgery.
- Avoid heavy sun exposure.
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Procedure At Bizrahmed, Dubai
On the day of your surgery, make sure to arrive early and eat according to our expert surgeon’s recommendations. The general length of an eyebrow transplant in Dubai is between 8-9 hours. You will most likely only need to spend one day at the hospital before being discharged. Local Anesthesia is used for the procedure. The average recovery time for the procedure is between four to seven days.
To begin the actual procedure, our surgeon will first mark up your eyebrows to outline them to the desired shape considering your face symmetry and density. Next, the surgeon will prepare the donor area and the anesthesia is applied to the donor area to allow for successful extraction. Individual follicular grafts are taken from a patient’s donor area, usually the back of the neck, by creating a tiny incision at the site of each follicle using simple technology.
A procedure performed by our expert surgeons typically involves the placement of 50 to as many as 375 hairs into each eyebrow, depending upon the existing amount of hair and the desired size and density. Performed usually under a mild oral sedative, the procedure is performed within two to four hours.
For the first four days after the procedure, tiny crusts are found around each transplanted hair. By five days, other than some occasional mild pinkness that fades out by the first week, patients are able to return to normal activities without any sign of having had a procedure.
The site where the hair is taken is usually where it grows the most. The follicles chosen are the ones with the highest chance of survival and are prepared under a high-powered stereo microscope by a skilled technician.
When the follicles are prepared for the procedure, small incisions are made into the eyebrow area and follicles are carefully placed one by one to match the natural pattern of the eyebrows. Each follicle or graft must have much attention paid to the location, angle, and depth to ensure that it makes the eyebrows look natural and full.
If FUG was performed, sutures that are placed in the donor area are dissolvable so there is no need to return to the office for removal. If FUE was performed, there are no sutures at all. The transplanted hairs fall out at around two weeks, and then starts to regrow at four months, which from them will continue to grow for a lifetime.
If you would like to explore the Eyebrow Hair Transplant option via a consultation with us at Bizrahmed, book your appointment with us.
Donor Hairs For Eyebrow Transplantation
- The donor hairs come from the scalp which, when transplanted into the eyebrows, continue to grow for a lifetime and therefore need to be trimmed typically once a month.
- To provide a natural appearance, the hairs are transplanted primarily one and occasionally two at a time in the same natural way eyebrow hairs grow.
- This is a very delicate procedure, requiring perfect placement of these hairs into tiny (half-millimeter) incisions that are angled at just the right direction and positioned to mimic natural growth.
- The use of all-microscopically dissected grafts allows their placement into the smallest possible incisions to minimize scarring and damage to already existing hairs.
- These grafts are obtained by one of two techniques, both those in which our expert surgeons have extensive experience: FUE (follicular unit extraction) whereby each graft is removed one at a time; and FUG (follicular unit grafting) where the grafts are all dissected under microscopes from a single donor “strip” in the back of the head.
- FUG is more popular particularly in women, but for men who wish to have the ability to shave their head , the FUE technique is preferable.
What To Expect After Eyebrow Hair Transplant In Dubai?
- It is not common to see immediate effects from your eyebrow hair transplant. Your eyebrows will show the finished results in about four to six months after the procedure.
- This is because your eyebrows need to go through the natural hair growth cycle before it is noticeable. Once they do grow in, you will notice new thickness and shape to your brows.
- It is important to be extremely careful after your eyebrow hair transplant. You will need to take very good care of the treated areas around your eyebrows to make sure you have an uneventful, quick recovery and to make sure you get the most out of your procedure because newly transplanted follicles are prone to damage and can dislodge quickly.
- You are not allowed to wear any makeup for the first two to three weeks. After that time, you can resume regular makeup use. As mentioned before, the hair on your eyebrows will not be noticeable immediately.
- It will take four to six months to be able to see growth in your eyebrows. You will notice the first change appearing around three months, but results take a total of eight to twelve months.
Post-Operative Care For Eyebrow Hair Transplant
After your eyebrow hair transplant, you will most likely need to spend a few hours in the hospital before you are released. The recovery process is smooth, but you still need to follow a few instructions to make sure you are having a quick recovery.
Immediately after your Eyebrow Hair Transplant make sure to:
- Take all the prescribed medications immediately after the procedure.
- Make sure to keep your face clear of any dirt, and do not wash your face for the first 36 hours after your procedure. After that time, you can clean your face like you normally would.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages while on your medications.
- Do not take any blood thinner medications for at least two weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid smoking for at least three week’s post eyebrow transplants.
- Do not pick, rub, or scratch your eyebrows or the surrounding areas. This includes the scabbing and scarring around the procedure area.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for at least four weeks to avoid any issues.
- Try to keep your hands away from the procedure site as this can lead to infection.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Eyebrow Hair Transplant?
Like any medical procedure in Dubai, an eyebrow transplant may not be for everyone. You may be a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant in Dubai if:
- you have lost your eyebrows due to a disease, burn, or genetics
- you are unhappy with the current thickness of your brows
- your brows do not look youthful due to ageing or
- you are unhappy with the current shape of your eyebrows
Eyebrow Transplant Cost In Dubai
- The cost associated with the procedure depends on what specific work you need to get done. To have the most accurate assessment, you will first need to book a consultation with our surgeon.
- The total cost involves a combination of the surgeon’s fee and the specific area where you choose to get the procedure done.
It is important to look for quality instead of price because choosing an inexperienced or untrustworthy surgeon can cost way more in the long run
Frequently Asked Questions
what is eyebrow transplantation?
Eyebrow transplantation is an advanced technique that involves the extraction of hair follicles either from the back of the neck or head and implanting these healthy follicles into the eyebrow region to create permanent hair for eyebrow enhancement and reshaping.
How long does eyebrow transplantation takes?
The estimated time frame for eyebrow transplantation in Dubai is anywhere between 4 hours. This is the average time required for extracting and implanting the hair follicles into the eyebrow region. For cases in which the grafting required is more than 500 follicles, then the time required for the transplantation will also be slightly higher.
How long does the transplanted eyebrow last?
The hairs that grow from the transplanted follicles are permanent and you do not have to worry about it, and you will have to groom your eyebrows after the transplant to maintain the proper length desired. The hair from your transplanted eyebrow will grow, just like the hair on your head and you will have to maintain it well.
How many hours or follicles will I need for eyebrow transplantation?
For the basic touch-ups of scars, the grafts required could be as small as a dozen or so, to give you a continuity blending your new hair follicles with the existing ones. However, if you are looking forward to brow reshaping with more volume, then you will require a minimum of 50 to 250 grafts at least. And in this case, the exact number of grafts that would be required is directly dependent on the present density of your brows, the desired volume, and the shape required.
How much does eyebrow transplantation cost?
This depends on the exact requirements of yours, also considering the present growth, volume, and shape of your brows. The various types of eyebrow transplants that you could avail of are transplants for scar grafting, transplants for the custom reshaping of the brows, and large volume enhancements to the brows.
what is the downtime for eyebrow transplantation?
Eyebrow transplant in Dubai are often same-day procedures done in the clinic. The downtime that is recommended for the browlift is cosmetic. For some patients, it is noticed that they might find slight swelling above their transplanted area, however, this is thought to reside only for one or two days. Scabbing in the transplanted area could last up to 5 days as well. With regards to the area from the follicles that have been extracted, mild itching or burning sensation can occur very rarely, which can also be managed with the help of lotions.
Will I have a bald spot from the area from where the hair is taken for eyebrow transplantation?
Do not worry, cause every 3rd or 4rth hair is taken from the donor area. Initially, there will be only a small reduction in the density, which will cover up as the hair grows naturally over time.