Similar to hair thinning and baldness, many people also suffer from beard and mustache patchiness and irregularity. The reasons for this vary from genetics to hormonal imbalance and or lifestyle and dietary factors. Luckily, with this age and time, there is a solution for everything. Facial hair transplant at Bizrahmed is a great and viable option to consider if you suffer from the above.
FUE beard hair transplant in Dubai is very similar to FUE hair transplant. It is performed under local anaesthetic and follows the same procedure steps as the hair transplant. In addition, it is an outpatient surgery that takes anywhere between 4 – 6 hours and gives you the best natural results and beard line.
Like mentioned above, mustache hair transplant is also an available solution for those who find it difficult to grow a thicker mustache. Mustaches are signs of power, sophistication, and style worldwide. Moreover, they are labelled by many as “men’s makeup” because of its ability to enhance one’s look. If you are suffering from beard or mustache hair loss in Dubai and are struggling to fill up the hairless patches, then FUE beard or mustache hair transplant in Dubai is the perfect solution for you.
If you’ve found yourself increasingly embarrassed by your inability to grow a thick, lustrous beard or moustache like you used to, you’re not alone. Millions of men are finding their facial hair thinning, particularly as they approach middle age. Fortunately, there is something you can do about this condition, and it is a fairly simple and straightforward procedure to boot. It is called a facial hair transplant, and it is something that is gaining in popularity based on its successful results and affordability.
Facial hair transplantation is a procedure that restores hair to areas where facial hair growth is thin or missing, such as goatee and moustache areas, beards, sideburns, and cheeks. Facial hair transplants can also be used to conceal acne, scars, and other abnormalities. Generally, the procedure involves the following:
What is FUE beard hair transplant?
FUE beard hair transplant is a procedure very similar to other hair transplants. It is done by taking grafts from the backside of the head as it contains enough hair to donate to the recipient area without causing baldness. In addition, the hair on the scalp has very similar characteristics to hair grown on the beard in terms of colour, texture, thickness, and growth rate. Therefore, this makes the scalp the ideal donor for beard or mustache transplant Dubai.
The hair transferred from the scalp will imitate real beard hair after the procedure is done. Some men, however, might notice that their scalp hair has a different tone or colour than their beard or mustache hair. This is not a disadvantage at all, quite adversely it will help create a more natural appearance as the two-tone distribution is something quite common in men beards and mustaches.
Loss of Facial Hair
Loss of facial hair may occur for a number of reasons. It can be the result of genetics, laser hair removal, electrolysis, surgery, burns or injury. Transgender female to male patients (FTM) may also benefit from this procedure. Goals for this procedure can vary from a minor filling in or thin coverage of a limited area to the full restoration of a thick, full goatee or beard. The procedure can be performed on areas where there is no hair, or on areas where hair growth is thin and more fullness is desired.
Who is a candidate for FUE beard transplant?
Beard or mustache hair transplant would be an ideal procedure for you if you suffer from the below:
- Unable to grow a proper full beard or a beard at all
- You suffer from a patchy beard and want to increase its thickness and density
- You suffer from a burn scar that effected the density and appearance of your beard
- You want to alter the shape and pattern of your beard line or beard
- You want to enhance your facial features by having a more defined and denser-looking beard
How is FUE beard transplant performed?
Before the procedure is started, marking the beard line is essential to achieve the best-looking results. Together with our skilled surgeon, you will draw your best-desired shape line of beard that you would like to achieve.
After that is done, you will be injected with local anaesthesia all-around your scalp known as the donor area. Once you are fully numb, our surgeon will start collecting individual grafts with FUE technique.
Upon harvesting the grafts from the donor area, the FUE technique is used by making tiny incisions that leave no scars afterwards. This step takes anywhere from one to two hours.
The second stage is implanting the grafts in the recipient area. This requires making numerous tiny incisions on the beard area. The angle of the transplanted hair is depended on the direction the incisions are made. Therefore, making the incisions parallel to the direction of the growth of the hair is crucial in attaining natural results. After the incisions are done, the roots are placed into the incisions.
FUE beard hair transplant in Dubai requires a lot of detail and precision and therefore choosing your right surgeon and clinic and not compromising on cost is very important.
What to expect after FUE beard hair transplant?
The procedure is outpatient, and you may leave the clinic after it is completed. Antibiotics and pain killers will be prescribed to you by our team of health professionals to help against any potential infections and pain along the way after the numbness subsides. The swelling will also start showing after the transplantation. It will maximize in the first 48 hours and then start to subside slowly, resolving completely in one week.
You may resume your life during the recovery period and no bed rest is required. If you work in an office, you can resume after 4 – 5 days. However, if you work outdoors, it is recommended to take up to 10 days off.
Aftercare of FUE beard hair transplant
After the procedure by 3 days, you will be able to wash your face in the same way recommended to you by our team of health professionals and using the prescribed shampoos. You can wash your face once a day in the first 10 days post-op. Avoiding sun exposure is also recommended, therefore you should apply sunscreen daily for the first two months.
Machine cutting or scissors are allowed to be done for the first 6 months after the procedure and you could use a razor or blade approximately after 1 year.
Beard Hair Transplant Before/After Pictures
Frequently Asked Questions
- Risks related to anaesthesia
- Numbness of the treated area
- Mild pain
For a more accurate assessment of the cost of your FUE beard hair transplant in Dubai, please do not hesitate to call us, our team will ensure you will get the best cost.
- Any use of aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and blood-thinning medications should be stopped.
- You should refrain from smoking and drinking as they cause bleeding and swelling during the healing process.
Avoid coffee or any caffeinated drinks on the day of surgery.
- How licensed and certified is the surgeon in order to conduct the FUE beard hair transplant?
- How many years of experience does the surgeon performing the FUE beard hair transplant have?
- Thoroughly browse the before and after pictures of previous FUE beard hair transplant procedures to see the capability and results of past performances
- Having a transparent and honest consultation with your surgeon to ensure realistic expectations is essential
- Ensure that the clinic you are choosing in Dubai has a professional environment and is able to provide with an easy and relaxing experience during the procedure and afterwards.
- Ensure the clinic has a good reputation and positive testimonials from previous patients. This should be a good indicator of whether you should proceed with the FUE beard hair transplantation with the clinic or not
- Any clinic in Dubai that offers unrealistic cost while promising miraculous results should not be trusted.
- The number of grafts required can vary but averages are as follows: 350-500 grafts for the mustache, 600-900 grafts for a full goatee, 200-300 grafts for each sideburn, and 300 to as many as 900 grafts for each cheek beard. While not very common, some patients may require and or desire a second usually smaller procedure to transplant additional grafts if they desire more than moderate density.
- If you would like to explore the Beard Hair Transplant option via consultation with us, we invite you to make an appointment.