- Hair Transplant
When most people hear the phrase “hair transplant” a certain vision emerges in their minds: artificial, “puffy” hair, which is simply the product of a surgical operation rather than a natural hairline. The truth is that today’s hair transplant technology helps you to restore length to your hair and fill in a receding hairline without the artificial, plug-like appearance of older procedures. However, a hair transplant is not a cure, and there are already possible downsides that you should be mindful of. If you are considering a hair transplant in Dubai, understand the procedure in detail and secure your decision as to whether the procedure is the right choice for you.
What is a Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant in Dubai is a surgical operation that involves harvesting hair from a certain part of your scalp and transplanting it to another part of your scalp. In short, having a hair transplant involves removing hair from regions of the scalp that are healthy and not affected by a history of baldness and transferring it to areas that are thinning or bald.
Hair transplants work because not all the hair on the head is affected by DHT, the main hormone that triggers baldness. A hair transplant surgeon may be able to give you a smoother, fuller head of hair by transferring DHT-resistant hair from the back and sides of your head to the front during the best hair transplant in Dubai.
Although hair plugs served as a way to fill a receding hairline, they usually appeared unnatural because hair grafts were clustered into different regions, often with a visible distance in each “plug.” Nowadays, the best hair transplant in Dubai is becoming more advanced. Surgeons will harvest hair using FUE or FUT methods and graft it into groups of one to three hairs, producing a hairline that looks and feels normal.
How does a hair transplant work?
Simply put, a hair transplant takes the hair you have and transfers it to an area where you don’t have hair. It’s typically taken from the back of your head but can also be taken from other parts of your body.
Before starting the best hair transplant in Dubai, your surgeon sterilizes the area where the hair will be removed and numbs it with a local anaesthetic. You can also request sedation to stay asleep for the procedure.
Your surgeon then performs one of two transplant methods: FUT or FUE.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT)
FUT is also referred to as a follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). To perform a FUT operation, the surgeon takes the following steps:
• Using a scalpel, the surgeon cuts a portion of your hair, generally from the back of your head. The size of the strip is normally around 6 to 10 inches long, but it can be extended from ear to ear.
• They’re closing the region where the scalp was removed with stitches.
• Your surgeon and his assistants separate the scalp strip into smaller parts using a scalpel. They will break the piece into as many as 2,000 smaller pieces, called grafts. Any of these graftings may contain only one hair each.
• Through a needle or razor, the surgeon makes tiny openings in the scalp where the hair is transplanted.
• The surgeon implants the hair in the puncture holes from the extracted piece of the scalp. This phase is called grafting.
• They mask the surgical areas with bandages or gauze.
The exact number of grafts you earn depends on the following:
• The kind of hair that you have
• volume of transplant
• quality of the hair.
• Color of hair
Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
To perform an FUE hair transplant in Dubai, the surgeon will take the following steps:
• On the back of your head, they cut off your scalp.
• The surgeon then extracts the individual follicles from the skin of the scalp. You’re going to see tiny traces where any follicle has been cut.
• As in the FUT operation, the surgeon makes small holes in the scalp and grafts the hair follicles into the holes.
• They mask the surgery site with bandages or gauze.Who might benefit from a Hair Transplant? Improving your self-confidence and appearance are two important benefits that a Hair Transplant offers you with. Ideal candidates for the Hair Transplant procedure are:
- Men who are facing male pattern baldness
- Women with thinning hair
- Anybody who has lost their hair due to scalp injury or burn.
- Women who have a major pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp.
- People who do not have enough healthy donor area for hair to be extracted for the hair transplant procedure.
- People who are prone to form keloid scars which are thick, fibrous scars after an injury or surgery.
- People who are facing hair loss due to medications such as chemotherapy.
- Antibiotics to reduce the risk of infections.
- Pain medication
- Anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the swelling.
- How elastic or loss your scalp skin is or based on scalp laxity.
- Hair calibre or quality.
- Hair curl.
- The density of follicles that are there in the transplanted areas of the hair.